Lincoln’s birthday is Feb 12.
Lincoln is on the penny and five dollar bill.
The Lincoln penny was first used in 1909 until 1958, and then a new design was introduced in 1959. It is the current cent coin in circulation in the United States today and is the longest used design in American coins. The date of its introduction was 100 years after Abraham Lincoln was born. The Abraham Lincoln Penny was first composed of ninety five percent copper and five percent tin and zinc, which was later changed in 1943 when a war time cent was needed to be produced, as the metal needed to be put to better use in the war. The Lincoln cent coins were produced by the Mint. A few random errors created rare and valuable coins of which are collected by enthusiasts. These include doubled die cents and off centre strikes which increased their value hugely.
Abraham Lincoln facts:
• He was born on February 12, 1809 and died April 15, 1865 at the age of 56.
• His home state is Illinois.
• He ran a store in New Salem, Illinois.
• He was very fond of pets and owned horses, cats, dogs and a turkey.
• He was married to Mary Todd and they had four children, Robert Todd, Edward, Willie and Tad.
• He became the 16th President of the United States on March 4, 1861.
• He was the tallest President at 6 feet, 4 inches and was the first President to have a beard.
• He was the first President to be assassinated.
For more information about Lincoln, please visit: http://www.alincoln-library.com/index.html